What Is Salvation?Salvation is God’s plan to provide man an escape from the consequences of sin. Being saved or born-again is the most important experience in your life (John 3:3, 15, 16).
When you confess Jesus as Lord and Savior, you experience the new birth. Every abundant blessing He has for us is freely available in salvation (Romans 10:9-10).
The word salvation comes from the Greek word soteria, which means saved, healed, delivered, pardoned, rescued, protected, preserved, made whole, cured, set free, and restored.
What Salvation is not!Salvation is not any of the things most people think or have been taught such as confirmation, church membership, water baptism, taking the sacrament, observing religious duties, going to church, saying prayers, reading the Bible, memorizing creeds, nor doing good deeds. To be saved you must be born-again (John 3:14-18; Romans 10:9-10).
Imagine going through life constantly criticized for your imperfections, never having a way out, forever making payments for a debt you will never be able to pay off. When we receive Jesus as Lord, all that He is becomes ours. Salvation is for everyone, it’s FREE, and YOU can have it NOW.
God has made it really simple.
Answer these four questions:
- Do you want to be forgiven and saved (1 John 1:8)?
- Do you believe Jesus Christ, God’s son died for you (1 John 1:7)?
- Are you willing to repent of sin and follow the Lord Jesus Christ for the rest of your life (Acts 2:21; 3:17-19; 16:31; 1 John 1:9)?
- Do you believe in your heart and confess with your mouth that God does forgive you of your sins and that He does cleanse you from all unrighteousness (Romans 10:9-10; 1 John 1:9)?
If you answered yes, you are now ready to pray the prayer of salvation. . How Do I Get Saved?
The Prayer of SalvationRemember God loves you. He wants you to be whole and complete or saved – spiritually, emotionally, physically, mentally, financially, and socially (3 John 2). Pray this prayer, mean it, and YOU will be saved, right where you are sitting.
Father in heaven, thank you for sending your Son, Jesus, to die on the cross for me, and for His blood that was shed to redeem me and to cleanse me from my sins.
Lord, I am sorry and I repent of my sins. Forgive me. I understand that I must change the course of my life. I am determined in my heart to follow you.
I invite you to become the Lord of my life from this point forward, forever. I openly proclaim and confess that you are the Lord of my life.
I believe in my heart that You have been raised from the dead. Therefore I am saved. I am a new creature. The old things have passed. All things have become new. I am a child of God.
In the Name of Jesus, AMEN!
CONGRATULATIONS!As a result of being saved:
- Your sins are forgiven (1 John 1:9; John 3:16).
- You are a member of God’s family (John 1:12; John 3:2).
- You have peace with God and access to Him (Romans 5:1-2; Ephesians 2:6-7).
- The Holy Spirit dwells within you (Romans 8:9-11; 1 John 4:4).
Remember, feelings have nothing to do with salvation. You may feel like you are floating on a cloud, or as dull as a doorknob. It makes no difference. Trusting God’s Word is what counts.
We would love to hear from you and share in your joy of becoming a Christian. Please call us at 305-622-3123 or email admin@TFONL.net and tell us about your experience.